Catechesis (teaching our faith) and evangelization is the mission entrusted to us by our Lord Jesus. join our partnership as part of our faith formation support team.
When you become a “partner in faith formation” at St Helena, there are many, tasks other than being a catechist, that need to be completed so that our “re program” can proceed efficiently. Beginning June 25/26 the (lime green)
forms will be on the tables in back of Church. They list “job descriptions”. Pick one up, review it, pray for guidance, sign up to join our team.
Top Ten Reasons you should become a catechist:
10. The best way to learn is to teach.
9. Catechists tell the truth.
8. Sharing the faith is an honor.
7. Your own faith will come alive.
6. You become an active part of the most active part of your parish.
5. A catechist is a role model.
4. You will be practicing stewardship.
3. You show your own family that you value religious education.
2. It’s fun.
1. It’s what we are called to do.
RE staff provides support for catechists:
- orientation, mentors, training
- current, up to date curriculum materials
- catechist gatherings monthly *
- formation opportunities at the parish
- plentiful supplies and materials for your sessions
- media resources
- an accessible DRE & YM disposed to help you in any way possible
- an efficient RE administrative assistant and parish staff to offer needed support
Monthly catechist gatherings provide formation, fellowship, catechetical instruction, lesson planning with necessary resources.